TaiJi Gong Course
For many people TaiJi Quan is soft slow movements that old people practice in the parks. But that is just one aspect of TaiJi Quan, the health aspect, called YangSheng. This year Wudang Gong Fu & Health Academy, Wudang Sweden & WuYi invites you to a different focus, the focus of Gong & Self-defense.
Wudang XuanWu Pai TaiJi Quan contains both the soft and the hard, both the Yin and the Yang. Together it creates a wholeness. A part of the practice contains relaxation and working with Qi, another part of the practice focus on building up the required skills that is needed to be able to use TaiJi as a fighting art.
It is said that most of us, when we start to practice, are to stiff and rigid, in mind and body. We need to start from the soft side, with relaxation, breathing and opening up our bodies and minds, building structure and focus. After that we can move into the Gong practice, the skills and self-defense, the hard side. We are moving from rigid, to soft, to hard. But this hard is not stiff or tight, it is more a powerful expression of the softness, like steel wrapped in cotton. In the end we are free to choose between the soft and hard, using what is needed to restore the harmony between YinYang, which is another name for TaiJi.
During one month this summer we will go deeper into the training of skills and self-defense. Moving from YangSheng into the Gong of TaiJi Quan. The training will be physical and mental demanding, the requirements will be strict and the amount of students will be limited.
Wudang GongFu & Health Academy
Wudang Shan, Hubei, China
2017/07/17 – 2017/08/11
2017/07/20 – 2017/08/17
Contact & Questions
7500 Rmb including, training, accommodation in dorm, 3 meals a day.
2500 Rmb for students that already enrolled in the academy
Tang Li Long 15th generation Wudang XuanWu Pai Master
Simon Brunström 16th generation Wudang XuanWu Pai Disciple
The students are limited to 6 people
For more information contact Simon@wu-yi.org
Content of Course
Focus will be on basic training, building external and internal strength, applications and self-defense. With the following content.
基本功 Ji Ben Gong Basic training
– 跑山 Pao Shan Running in the mountains
– 拉筋 La Jin Static, dynamic & partner stretching
– 步法功 Bufa Gong Footwork
– 放松功 Fang Song Gong Relaxation in movement
– 混元劲 Hun Yuan Jin Circular power
– 发力功 Fa Li Gong Sending out power
– 太极功力 TaiJi Gong Li Skill training for TaiJi & QinNa.
套路 Tao Lu Form training
We will cover the Wudang XuanWu Pai Essential 36 Taiji Form with names and applications of the movements. Form training is a way of opening up and training our body, being present and focused while practicing smoothness in and between movements.
For the indoor students there might be a chance to practice the Mi Chuan 64 TaiJi Quan from.
用法 Yong Fa Applications
– 推手 Tui Shou Push-Hand for listening skill
– 粘粘脚 Zhan Nian Jiao Sticky Feet with sweeps and takedowns
– 擒拿 Qin Na Basic grappling and locking techniques
– 摔跤 Shuai Jiao Takedowns and throws
内功 Nei Gong Internal work
– 站桩 Zhan Zhuang Posture training. The Why & How
– 打坐 Da Zuo Sitting meditation for cultivating Qi
– 虎爪功 Hu Zhao Gong Wudang tiger claw skill
There will be a strict schedule and there will be no skipping class, if you commit to this camp you commit to the schedule. You can´t choose which classes you participates in, it is all or nothing.
– Fang Song Gong Relaxation work
– Zhan Zhuang Standing meditation
– Hu Zhao Gong Wudang tiger claw skill
– Pao Shan Running in the mountains
– La Jin Stretching
– Ji Ben Gong Basic training
– Gong Li Skill & strength training
– TaoLu Form practice
– TaoLu YongFa Applications from the form
– Tui Shou Push-Hand
– Zhan Nian Jiao Sticky Feet
– Qin Na Basic grappling and locking techniques
– Shuai Jiao Takedowns and throws
– LiLun Theory
– Da Zou Sitting meditation
理论 Li Lun Theory
Practice without theory is slow & dangerous and theory without practice is of no use. With right guiding and teaching we minimize the effort while maximizes the result. We will therefore cover a wide range of aspects during the Camp, so bring your pen and paper.
Main focus will be on the Wudang XuanWu Pai Push-Hand Method武当玄武派推手方法 Wǔdāng Xuánwǔ Pài Tuīshǒu Fāngfǎ which includes
– The Eight energies of Push-Hands 推手八法Tuī shǒu bā fǎ
– The Five directions五行 Wǔ xíng
– The 8 steps for building up the coordination & listening skill
– The Four powers/understandings that leads to divinity
– The Four basic tactics
– The Four No’s of Push Hand
Other theory classes includes
– The first 3 principles of Wudang Internal Arts
– The YinYang practice of standing meditation
– What is Hun Yuan Jin?
– Stretching for internal martial arts
– Names and meaning of the movement in the form
– The stroking step method Mo Sha Bu Fang Fa磨砂步方法
Herbal recipes for training
– 老虎骨酒 Lao Hu Gu Jiu Tiger claw training wine
– 肌腱酒 Ji Jian Jiu Tendon liniment for stretching
– 老衲拳 Lao Na Quan Liniment for body conditioning